Tips on How to book a show at Henflings Roadhouse Tavern 9450 Highway 9 Ben Lomond, CA 95005 (831) 336-9318
Full text of this blog is available on the Good Times Making Noise blog.
- Booking contact: Kim McFarland
- Preferred method of contact: email - email@example.com (make sure you include a MySpace or YouTube link so Kim can hear the music). You can also drop off a CD at the bar anytime (attention Kim). If you drop off a CD, make sure there is a sticker on it with your contact information.
- Timing: Currently booking August/September (about 2 months out)
- Days: Music or event 6 nights a week. Tuesday is only day no music (pool event). Wednesday is punk/metal. Thursday is more acoustic/blues/country – peppering in blues and rock. Friday harder rock. Saturday blues/rock something you can dance too. Sunday blues band you can dance to.
- Genres: Primarily blues and rock. No hip-hop, rap, techno, not a lot of reggae or jazz.
- Capacity: inside about 100 (more if you count outside deck areas).
- Payment: Paid on a band by band basis.
- Equipment: Venue provides sound engineer and whole PA with mics – just bring in instruments.
- Typical show start time? 9:00 PM unless special events or larger bill / 1 band show 9-1ish but if 2 bands or bigger events, start earlier.
- What makes a successful show? Bring in people who drink. If the bar has 40-50 people drinking, you will be asked back. If you don't have a local draw but your music is that good, Henflings will help and put you on a bill with a band that does.
- 99% of all Henflings shows are free (no cover).
Stand out show for Kim = French punk rock