Complete blog can be found on The Good Times Making Noise site.
The Poet and the Patriot 320 Cedar Street Santa Cruz, CA 95060-4362 (831) 426-8620
- Booking contact: Various (anyone that works at the pub can talk to you about booking)
- Preferred method of contact: You can email - firstname.lastname@example.org, call or belly up to the bar.
- Timing: Touring bands are booked 1-2 months out. Local bands are booked out as far as one month or with very little notice if they have your number and they are in a pinch.
- Payment: Open Mic and showcase slots are unpaid. Once you move up to a weekday show you will get a minimum of $100 + drinks (more if you have a bigger draw). It's negotiable.
- Genre: Open to celtic, folk, jazz, bluegrass, rock, soul, etc. The only genres they don't usually book are punk, metal and hip-hop.
- Sound: in-house sound system including PA, sound board, etc. Each show comes with a designated sound engineer.
- Capacity: About 75 people for live music. There is usually a small built-in crowd and if the band brings 20-25 friends to add to that - everyone is happy.
Thursday – show night 9 PM Friday – DJ – no bands Saturday – Open Mic and then sometimes show at night 9:30 - Midnight Sunday – afternoon celtic jam on 1st and 3rd Sunday and Trivia at night Monday – sometimes early shows ( finish by 11:00 PM) Tuesday – darts Wednesday – darts
Open-mic Every Saturday: Half hour slots. Slots fill up early! Showcase performer from 6-8 PM.