If you are a musician, are in a band, or play an instrument Santa Cruz Public Libraries wants to know what book(s) influenced you in your craft. They are compiling a booklist for the young musicians in the Santa Cruz area for our 2nd Annual Teen Battle of the Bands on July 24 (deadline to enter is June 17).
We have a sign up sheet at the studio or please leave a comment with your suggestion and your band name (not required but nice to have).
- Off the Rails: Aboard the Crazy Train in the Blizzard of Ozz
- Dream Boogie: The Triumph of Sam Cooke
- Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk
- Playing in the Band: An Oral and Visual Portrait of the Grateful Dead
- The Long Hard Road Out of Hell
- High Fidelity
- Smile, You're Traveling (Black Coffee Blues Part 3)