Introducing the latest open mic. Gadgetbox Recording Studios (417-A Ingalls Street) will host their first songwriter open mic night on Wednesday, August 18 from 7PM-9:30PM. Housed in their newly remodeled “grand room” the event will combine the intimacy of a house concert, with the superior acoustics of a professional recording studio.
Hosted by the Gadgetbox staff, each performer will be given a two-song or ten minute maximum time limit. The all-ages show will start promptly at 7:00 PM and performers are encouraged to arrive early and place their names in a fishbowl. Names will be drawn randomly to establish performance order. Gadgetbox will provide a standard stage set-up and sound engineer as well as usage of the Yamaha C7 grand piano. Performers will also have the option to be videotaped (in HD quality) free of charge and can purchase their raw multi-track audio from the event.
A sliding scale donation ($1-$5) will be accepted at the door on the evening of the event.
- Starts next Wed. August 18
- Continues every other Wednesday
- 417 Ingalls Street (across from SC Mountain Brewery & Kelly's Bakery)
- Parking available along Ingalls Street or in Kelly's Bakery Courtyard
Overview of Santa Cruz open mics we know about includes:
- Tuesday nights - Asana Teahouse (weekly) and Verve Lounge (weekly)
- Wednesday nights - Gadgetbox (every other Wed.)
- Thursday nights - SubRosa (weekly)
- Saturday nights - The Abbey (once a month - check website for date)
Are we missing any?