Complete blog can be found on The Good Times Making Noise site.
The Abbey 350 Mission Street Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Show schedule on their MySpace page - http://www.myspace.com/theabbeysc
- Booking contact: Bennett Gibson
- Preferred method of contact: email - email@example.com (please do not call). Be sure to include your band name and link to your music in the email.
- Timing: booking about 2-3 months in advance (but sometimes has last-minute cancellations to fill)
- Payment: none available (but you can sell merch and have a tip jar)
- Shows: Saturday and Sunday night from 8 - 10 PM (so special occasion Friday night shows)
- Staff: all volunteer - the entire shop is a non-profit run by Vintage Faith Church
- Genre: generally acoustic, singer-songwriter, bands tend to unplug (people bring brushes and not full drum kits) - nothing too loud. Think folk, jazz trios, etc.
- Local bands vs. touring - about 50/50
- Sound - in-house sound system including PA, sound board, etc.
Open-mic once a month. Sign up at 7 PM, show starts at 8 PM. People can and do get booked from the open-mic. Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/theabbeysc